MAANZ values the skills and knowledge of its members. As an organisation we recognise the merit of passing on these skills and knowledge.
The MAANZ Mentorship Program is about providing opportunities for mosaic education to members who wish to broaden their knowledge and experience. And what better way to achieve this than by working intensely with an experienced, creative and professional mosaic artist.
The information provided here is a resource for both mentors and mentees who wish to be involved in this program. This support material has been provided so that we can achieve uniform expectations and outcomes for both mentor and mentee.
For the Potential Mentor:
Mentoring another person provides great opportunity for artists as individuals to pass on their skills but also to develop as teachers.
For the Mentee:
The Mentorship Program is by application only and the mentor will make final selection. Neither the mentor nor the mentee receive any payment. Applicants are required to submit an application, including a brief resume and examples of their work. At the end of the program both the mentor and the mentee will be required to respond to a MAANZ questionnaire.
If you are thinking of applying for a Mentorship, consider the following:
A check list for Mentees:
1. Is it time for me in my career to develop a relationship with a mentor?
2. Do I have the ability and desire to discover new things about myself and my practice?
3. What do I need a mentor to guide me in doing? Do I need a sounding board for my ideas or do I want to learn more about the mosaic industry
4. Do I want a formal or informal structure to my new learning?
5. What could I do with my mentor that I cannot already do in my practice? Is there a joint initiative that could be set as an outcome for our mentorship?
6. What are my main objectives for the partnership? What benefits can I offer the Mentor?
7. Can a mentorship help me become a better mosaic educator?
At the conclusion of the mentorship program both mentee and mentor are asked to provide feedback to MAANZ on their experience through the completion of a feedback form.
If you are interested in applying for a mentorship, please download the MAANZ Mentorship Application Form
For information about Mosaic Classes in your area, see our Resources page.
Message from the Education Officer
There have been several successful mentorships offered through MAANZ in the past and these have provided wonderful learning for those involved. We are always looking for mentorship opportunities. If you are a practitioner with an exciting project on offer, we would love to hear from you.
We are currently looking for new Mentorship opportunities
“By learning you will teach, by teaching you will learn.” -Latin proverb