MAANZ is looking for a new webmaster for the website maanz.org
The webmaster would be developing and maintaining the website from their home on an ‘as required’ basis. The position is open to all, not just MAANZ members. The workload can vary from a few hours per month to concentrated bursts of activity when we set up the Symposium every two years.
Responsibilities would include:
- Keeping the website up-to-date proactively with new content
- Adding payment forms to the website for exhibitions and other events as they arise
- Maintaining the Resources page
- Chasing exhibition organisers for images to set up exhibition pages.
- Extracting events from state newsletters to add to the website.
- Building Eventbrite events in biennial symposium years. Next symposium will be in 2019.
- Maintain the email forwarding system. (Not much to do here)
- Liaising with the treasurer regarding web payment forms
- Liaising with the eMag editor regarding uploads and advertising
- Developing functionality to increase the membership engagement
- Providing access to allow others to create content
- Familiarity with the WordPress content management system, or enough technical confidence to learn.
- Access to a good internet connection with lots of data allowance.
Useful to have :
- Basic HTML
- Experience with Google analytics
- Knowledge of the mosaic world
The current webmaster will be available for a handover and for ongoing support.
There is a remuneration of $15 per hour, including during the handover period.
If you are interested in this position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org